My article on artist-artisan collaborations on Hand/Eye



I wrote a brief article on my experience of artist-artisan collaboration during my residency in the Jatiwangi Art Factory (JaF) in Indonesia last year.  The article was published in Hand/Eye Magazine a few days ago.


Entrance to the Jatiwangi Art Factory

The Auma belt was one of my projects during my stay there, and JaF helped make it happen. In the article, I also featured the works of two other foreign artists who had similar collaborations during their residencies in JaF  --- I am thankful to Wanda Gillespie of Australia and Mella Jaarsma of Poland for their cooperation.  In the (prolonged) process of arriving at this article, I consulted several folks in Indonesia, I am thankful to them as well.

The Auma belt  


Below is the link to the article:
http://handeyemagazine.com/content/jatiwangi-art-factory


Comments

Popular Posts